Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Monday, March 24, 2008
Jacob is at the "tween" stage in life. He wants to do as the big kids do, but he still enjoys the little kids things as well. Here he and Grandaddy were working for the 2nd or 3rd time on his line. It was a windy Easter Day and he kept getting his line tangled up. He is interested at first in Grandaddy's lessons on fishing, until he sees his cousin Isaac hunting eggs and he decides he wants to go there instead. Cute Video, I think!
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Our local area churches had a community wide egg hunt at the park today. Joleigh had a blast. Last year we were unable to participate, but made up for all the fun this year. She played games, watched puppet shows, hunted eggs and jumped in bounce house (just for a minute) Jacob and Chip decided to go turkey hunting and joined us back at the house after the fun day.....oh, we also went and bought some baby chickens, too. Maybe I will get pictures of them soon!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNCLE JD!!!
Friday, March 21, 2008
Thursday, March 20, 2008
I found this on a site and loved it! For all you Adoptive Parents that can relate, it's for you, too!
You Know You're An Adoptive Parent When . . .*
1. The fact that there are 143 million children without a
parent to kiss them goodnight has made you lose sleep.
2. You realize DNA has nothing to do with love and family.
3. You can't watch Adoption Stories on TLC without sobbing.
4. The fact that, if 7% of Christians adopted 1 child there
would be no orphans in the world, is convicting to you.
5. You spend free time surfing blogs about families who have
experienced the blessing of adoption.
6. It drives you crazy when people ask you about adopted child's
7. You have ever been 'pregnant' with your adoptive child
longer than it takes an elephant to give birth. (2 years!)
8. You had no idea how you would afford to adopt but stepped
out in faith anyway, knowing where God calls you He will provide.
9. You have ever taken an airplane ride half-way around the
world with a child you just met.
10. You believe God's heart is for adoption.
11. You realize that welcoming a child into your heart and
family is one of the most important legacies you could ever leave on
12. You know what the word 'Dossier' means, and you can actually
13. You have welcomed a social worker into the most private parts of your life.
14. You shudder when people say your child is so lucky that you adopted them, knowing full well you are the blessed one to have him or her in your life.
Friday, March 14, 2008
Joleigh was in a great mood last night and we captured some pictures of "Ms. Thang" She had on big girl panties and wet them, took them off, went to her room, put on her Princess attire and came out with any panties on. Joleigh is 28 months old and still rather tiny. The dress up clothes were having a little trouble staying up, so I had to get a picture of her all dolled up. Then, being the sneaky girl she is, went into the back room, found the tidy cat (who knows where it came from) and sprinkled the hearth, floor and toys. She was SO proud of herself. Oh, what a exciting life we live.
Friday, March 7, 2008
Joleigh is loving her dress up clothes that she received at Christmas. The other night, she came into the living room where her Dad and I were and started dancing around saying she was a "Princess". She thought.......ran back to her room........retrieved her feather boa, crown and shoes and helped her Daddy get dressed up, so he too, could be a "Prince"ss......Hope you enjoy! p.s. Don't tell Chip the pictures are on the blog! LOL